[rescue] What to do with old Sun h/w?

Mike Loewen mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Thu Oct 10 12:53:32 CDT 2013

On Thu, 10 Oct 2013, Earl Baugh wrote:

> I rarely see any "older" Sun (esp Sun 3) gear available... either here or
> on other lists.
> I'd personally be interested in it, at worst to at least snag boards (where
> and when I could) if that was the case.
> I'd love a couple more Sun 3 kbds.  I'm seeing less and less Sun 10 and
> earlier boxes, but still see/hear of IPC/IPX type stuff somewhat
> occasionally.
>
> The question for me is more how much and what I am going to keep in the
> collection.    Unless I can convince my wife to turn the basement into a
> computer shrine, :-)  I'm getting close to the limit.

    Fortunately for me, the pizza box and lunch box workstations don't take
up a lot of space, and most of them are connected to a KVM switch.

    I did manage to get special dispensation to keep an IBM 129 keypunch
downstairs in the music studio.  :-)

Mike Loewen				mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Old Technology	      http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/