[rescue] FREE: IBM 9111-285 POWER5+ in Raleigh, NC

Charles Monett camonett at woh.rr.com
Tue May 14 17:19:03 CDT 2013

Depends on what you consider semi-modern.

The smallest ones I'd consider as "semi-modern" would be the (604e
based) 43P-150 or the (POWER3-II) based 44P-170 - which top out at 5.3
IIRC.  Don't expect to do stuff such as LPARs with it, but they'll at
least give you some idea of whether you want to go further.

As for the pizzaboxes, they're smaller but a good deal older - and
appear to top out at 5.1(although some have thought that 4.3 fits them
better).