[rescue] Also FTGH

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Sun Jun 23 10:32:29 CDT 2013

On 06/23/13 04:42, Angel M Alganza wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 06:39:02PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
>> Two Sun 13W3F to DE-15M VGA display adapter cables, about 18".
>> One Sun 13W3M to DE-15F adapter.
>
> Are any of those capable to bring the video signal
> from Sun boxes to standard (PC) VGA monitors?
> I'd be interested if I could use them for that.

The 13W3F to DE-15M adapters will get video signal from a Sun box with a
13W3-output video card to any monitor with a standard VGA input
connector.  However, not all PC VGA monitors will necessarily sync to
the Sun video signal once you get it there.  I've always used
Sun-branded monitors on my Suns, but it's my understanding that as long
as the monitor supports sync-on-green you should be OK.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.