[rescue] PCI USB for Solaris/Sparc?

Mika Kongas mmk at makkeli.com
Wed Jun 19 23:31:55 CDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 09:19:49PM -0500, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> Does anyone have one of these? After heading to the google-cave it looks like
> there were/are supported cards that should work in Solaris 9 and 10.
>
> http://www.motherboardpoint.com/pci-usb-card-ultra-10-a-t155966.html
>
> There are also Sun-branded cards out there. The p/n is 375-3140. They exist on
> eBay, but I wonder if anyone has one on a shelf collecting dust?

Like the other poster, I've used a generic USB2 card and it worked fine. What
you need is one with a NEC chipset. Don't remember the exact model, but
lots of companies used them -- Belkin is a good bet. There's bound to be some
for peanuts on ebay.

I've got one in a server somewhere, if it helps I can dig it out to find
out the exact model of the board..

Mika