[rescue] PCI USB for Solaris/Sparc?

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Wed Jun 19 21:19:49 CDT 2013

Hi everyone!

Does anyone have one of these? After heading to the google-cave it looks like
there were/are supported cards that should work in Solaris 9 and 10.

http://www.motherboardpoint.com/pci-usb-card-ultra-10-a-t155966.html

There are also Sun-branded cards out there. The p/n is 375-3140. They exist on
eBay, but I wonder if anyone has one on a shelf collecting dust?

My plan is once I get the E10K running is to give it a graphics head. I don't
think this was ever done, and I know it was never a supported configuration. I
have a PGX32 card I can use to drive the display. I figure that + USB + a type
6 keyboard (and a few looong cables) could make an interesting workstation if
I get all 64 CPUs and 64G of RAM going. :D

Of course, this is all predicated on my museum idea coming together, but
that's another story for another day.