[rescue] The good old days really were

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 11:23:22 CDT 2013

The good CP/M machines ran 4 MHz CPUs in the late '70s, and current multi-core
CPUs knocking on 4 GHz, clocks are easily 1,000 faster. Of course, factor in
multi-core and multi-byte word length, and compensate for the vast increase in
work done per clock cycle and I think a claim of 'million times faster' is
about right.

Of course, most mainstream 'PC' CPUs prior to the debut of the IBM PC were
slower than 4 MHz...

Lionel