[rescue] nice rescue: Voyager

David Brownlee abs at absd.org
Sun Jul 14 15:33:57 CDT 2013

On 14 July 2013 17:12, Andy Wallis <rawallis at panix.com> wrote:
> I tried to install NetBSD 6.1 on my Voyager and had issues with Xorg freezing
> the box. It seems like Xorg is finicky on non-Intel machines. I ended up using
> a back level of NetBSD that used XFree86 instead to get X to work. If you do
> get Xorg to work properly on the Voyager, please post the xorg.conf file
> somewhere.

I know there have been a bunch of commits against the voyagerfb code
in NetBSD in current (anti-aliased fonts on the console, etc).

Are you able to test a current install on the box - from
http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/

It should be able to run any existing 6.1 packages and binaries you may have...