[rescue] Keyboards -- the great evil

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Tue Jan 29 15:50:13 CST 2013

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2013, John Lengeling wrote:

> I have used these guys a lot in over 10 years for laptop/server parts.
>
> http://www.impactcomputers.com/

    Thanks for that pointer.  A short "online chat" pointed up the
correct part -- without me even having to open up the laptop -- and
a (sale) price of $42.95 (or $52.40 regular), which is a whole lot
better than $230!

    I'm going to run the thing for a few days using an external USB
keyboard (had to borrow one from work -- the technology is too new
for me to have a local cache of it) to make sure nothing *else* is
going to go south and order one.

    And then the fun begins.  My eyes aren't what they used to be.

    Cheers!