[rescue] WTB/WTT: PS/2 Trackball

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 21:55:26 CST 2013

So, I have this 11 year old Dell C640. I've maxed the ram & disk & it
runs Xubuntu well enough for my needs. Under 12.04, the trackpad was
really flaky but usable however 12.10 appears to have broken it
completely - clicks don't work properly. USB rodent acts the same.
However, this beast is old enough that there is a PS/2 port and what
do you know but the old Gateway wheel mouse works perfectly. I've
always preferred track balls when possible though.

As usual, I have a budget of somewhere between Nada and Nothing so I'm
looking for an old three button PS/2 track ball for as cheap as
possible to zip 54843.

The other, less likely possibility, would be an ADB->PS/2 dongle. I
don't even know if they exist but I have an exquisite trackball on my
currently zebra striping SE/30 that would otherwise work.

Thanks!
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.