[rescue] Transplanting a Sun Fire V210 motherboard - PSU requirements?`

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Mon Feb 25 19:55:27 CST 2013

Anyone got advice on the power supply for a Sun Fire V210 server?

I have a pair of V210/V240 motherboards (375-3150-04), with 3GB RAM
and a pair of 1ghz processors from what the labelling says. Let's
assume for the sake of discussion that this is all I have, no cases,
drives, backplanes, power supplies, cables, because... well, this is
all I have.

Some initial googling suggests the 10 pin power supply connector next
to the 24 pin one may not be a standard PC/ATX one, but I haven't dug
enough yet to confirm.

I may try hacking up something (assuming I can get enough cooling) to
make them work as a cluster of some sort, or I may just throw them up
on eBay, but I figured I'd ask here in case anyone else had tried
transplanting one fo these boards before.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or pointers.

Rob