[rescue] Keyboards -- the great evil

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Feb 2 15:54:25 CST 2013

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 04:50:13PM -0500, Carl R. Friend wrote:
>   Thanks for that pointer.  A short "online chat" pointed up the
>correct part -- without me even having to open up the laptop -- and
>a (sale) price of $42.95 (or $52.40 regular), which is a whole lot
>better than $230!

$12 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Toshiba-Satellite-L655-L655D-C655-C655D-C650-C650D-L650-L650D-Keyboard-US-/190599479428

For $230 you could just about buy a "new"-to-you entire laptop.  Maybe
not the same model, but $230 for a *laptop keyboard* is insane.  As
mentioned, I've replaced them for numerous friends and never paid more
than $20.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford