[rescue] Sparc Classic & IPX rescue

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Sun Dec 15 23:35:12 CST 2013

Solaris 2.4 was where I got my start on Sun products, although I later worked
with 2.3 and SunOS 4.x/Solaris 1.x products.

We deployed quite a few SparcStation 20's and SparcServer 20's running Solaris
2.4.  After we got Solaris 2.4 installed, there was a follow on/included CD that
was full of patches.  For what we used those systems for, Solaris 2.4 was rock
solid and I don't remember ever having any system crashes.

This was during my time in the Air Force, and these boxes were used for standard
Internet service(s), i.e. (DNS, FTP server, web server, NFS file shares, email,
RADIUS authentication for dialup modems) and Banyon Vines ENS (Enterprise
Network Server) directory service.

These (Sun) boxes replaced older ATT 3b2 600G and 600GR systems.

Good times.....

Jerry