[rescue] FORWARDED from Concord Freecycle : PDP11/23, Alphaserver 4100

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Aug 16 12:09:16 CDT 2013

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> I have a Digital Alphaserver 4100, nearly max configuration, graphics,
> screen, networking, and additional StorageWorks RAID cabinet.

I had one of these for a while before I gave it away.  Alphas and I do not
get along, but this was certainly the nicest AXP box I'd ever used.  A
4100 is fast, runs VMS like a champ, and it has that low grumbling roar of
a Real Computer.

And, hey, in NH, you can use it to heat your home in the winter!

--
Jonathan Patschke  |  "For a successful technology, reality must take
Elgin, TX          %   precedence over public relations, for nature