[rescue] long shot... anybody got a Gateway 486?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 17:46:31 CDT 2013

Youngin's!

My first computer was a SYM-1 (an 'improvement' over the KIM-1), which was
replaced by an OSI SuperBoard (Challenger 1 sold as a circuit board, no case,
PS, etc).

Then I got an Atari 800 (first gen), then a DEC Professional 350 when I went
to college in 1983...

Lionel

On Apr 29, 2013, at 6:11 PM, Ethan O'Toole <ethan at 757tech.net> wrote:

>> My first computer ever was a Gateway 486, looked exactly like
>> http://www.troubleshooters.com/lpm/200610/gateway_486_25.jpg
>
> Youngins :-)
>
> True story... My first computer was a Atari 800XL. My second computer was
the families Tandy 1000SX. My 3rd computer was a Gateway 2000 386-25DX that
was in a totally identical case to the one you dropped!!!

> Got damaged my lightning. I ran a Telegard BBS and if I wasn't at home to
unplug the modem.. I still have a USRobotics Courier HST Dual Standard 14400
that supports both v32bis and HST... that has scorch marks in it from the
lightning arcing in the case. FOR DEMONSTATION PURPOSES ONLY reads the plate
riveted to it (it was a sysop program modem.)