[rescue] Sgi dat drive?

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Fri Apr 26 16:46:54 CDT 2013

> Anybody have a spare sgi dat drive with audio support? Or know where i can get
> the firmware to flash a seagate to do the same (not that i have a seagate
> handy either, so ill have to track that down too, so it should be simpler to
> get an sgi)?
> I'd like to spare the heads on my tascam and i got hundreds of tapes to
> transfer.

I have one of these Seagate Python DAT drives. If the firmware is in a
standard EPROM I'll pull it off. If there is a utility that can download
it over SCSI, I could do that as well.

At some point in the future I will be selling it but it will be bundled
with a SGI Indigo, IRIX 5.2 original media, original keyboard and mouse
and a modified Toshiba CD-ROM.

In the meantime, it would be fun to free that firmware.