[rescue] Dual Ross SparcPlug rackmount with HS180 processors (available again!)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 16:09:17 CDT 2013

There shouldn't be any interconnect, these were intended as plug-in compute
nodes to get Solaris on a desktop PC.

Once upon a time, there was a need for many users to need both PC and Solaris
on their desktop, and there were many ways to do it - in software (WABI), as
add-in hardware (SunPCI), and Remote Desktop solutions that fed Solaris users
PC desktops from x86 servers in the Datacenter.

These 'plugs' were designed to go in a tower PC in place of a full-height HD,
leech off the PC power supply (as I recall) and had SCSI and Ethernet drops on
the back.

They were real SPARC computers running real Solaris, with 'zero footprint'...

Lionel