[rescue] Unhappy MicroVAX II

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 13:52:49 CDT 2013

Is scoping +5 & +12 from the Molex connectors in the front of the BA23
sufficient, or are there other rails I'll need to hunt down and probe?

Sent via mobile. From: mc68010
Sent: 4/17/2013 23:07
To: The Rescue List
Subject: Re: [rescue] Unhappy MicroVAX II
On 4/17/2013 10:28 PM, Ian King wrote:
> Thanks for rattling some dusty neuristors, ISTR the TOY battery has to be
> good to boot.
Nah only to auto boot. You still get to the boot prompt without one. I
have never actually had a MV2 with a working battery and I have
certainly booted them. Hundreds of times of times. I throw them away
because they leak and there is really no reason to deal with the hassle
of replacing them.