[rescue] Help with SunFire V240 Server

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Apr 8 01:58:11 CDT 2013

On 8 Apr 2013, at 02:51, "Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

> Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:
>
>> On 04/04/2013 05:01 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks - this is great info to get me started.
>>>
>>> If I can use a USB CD/DVD drive that's great, really makes things
>> easier.
>>>
>>> I will try the OpenSXCE live/install image from here (
>>>
>> http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/MartUX_OpenIndiana+oi_151a+SPARC+LiveDVD
>> )
>>> and give it a whirl tomorrow. it will be nice to see this running,
>> but it
>>> is a bit noisy (not unbearable, just noisy).
>>
>> Be forewarned, OpenSXCE doesn't have properly functioning zones yet.
>> I'm willing to help you if you attempt zones...I got solaris 10 branded
>>
>> zones to work.
>

> Please spill. :)

It requires commenting one 1 line in a file in.../usr/lib/brands I think?  If
you hit the error, let me know.

> Also, have you tried to get open Indiana branded zones going?

Yes, but there is no up-to-date SPARC IPS server for openindiana as far as I
saw.  I did attempt to use the older OpenSolaris IPS repository to provision
zones, but that resulted in libc issues making them unusable. :(

I might be able to work around thatnot sure.  It would require quite a rather
large amount of workI don't have enough knowledge as to the solaris internals
to figure that out.