[rescue] Help with SunFire V240 Server

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sun Apr 7 09:05:44 CDT 2013

" From: Jerry Kemp <sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc>
"
" On 04/ 6/13 10:02 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
"
" > What was the rotational speed of the 300G drive?
"
" I do not have any idea, but I would assume 10K or 15K.

both; also narrow and wide versions.

i would've been more surprised if the 300g hadn't just worked.  years
ago i watched a discussion of the largest drives which would work in
an old sun storage array - 105, iirc - which was certified only for
9g, which gives you an idea of how old it was.  someone in the
discussion hunted up a 146 and plugged it in and it just worked.

the general consensus has always been, if the sun takes an sca hd
it'll take -any- sca hd.  my experience isn't vast [half vast?], but
i've never been disappointed.  my worst problem was finding an
acceptable geometry for format.