[rescue] Help with SunFire V240 Server

Ron Wickersham rjw at alembic.com
Sat Apr 6 14:54:53 CDT 2013

On Sat, 6 Apr 2013, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> I was most likely wrong about the drives being SAS, I just assumed and hadn't
> checked.

hi Lionel,

in that machine the drives are fibre channel (thus the small connector).
it's a great machine and we use them for routers running OpenBSD, so we
can plug in a CDROM drive (which we took from an old V100).   like the
4 built-in g ethernet ports and the expansion for 3 additional cards so
we can have up to 16 ports.

thats a great price on the DVD drive you got on ebay.

-ron