[rescue] Help with SunFire V240 Server

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 16:11:30 CDT 2013

Dude, you are hard hing my mellow! ;^)

I'll see what bits I can figure out tomorrow - an x86 Solaris 10 VM could be a
reasonable option.

Lionel

On Apr 4, 2013, at 5:05 PM, mc68010 <mc68010 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/4/2013 2:01 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> Thanks - this is great info to get me started.
>>
>> If I can use a USB CD/DVD drive that's great, really makes things easier.
>
> I think the chances of finding a 512b block supporting USB DVD drive is
about zero and I don't think it will boot off USB anyway.  At least I've never
seen it done. Even if it could boot I would be surprised if the install
program could deal with accessing a USB drive.