[rescue] Question on boot loader on ZFS rpool mirror

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Tue Sep 18 20:45:36 CDT 2012

On x86/x86, you probably need to run the "installgrub" command assuming
the necessary bits were not installed on installation.

This is a sample usage.  Obviously you need to be root.

# installgrub /boot/grub/stage1 /boot/grub/stage2 /dev/rdsk/c4t1d0s0

The Sparc equivalent is "installboot".  The syntax is a little different
for installboot

This is a link to an older pdf version of the document.  I am certain
that Oracle has a newer one, but MOS is a killer for me to find anything on.

http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/zfs/docs/zfsadmin.pdf

This pdf and the man page should have everything you need to move forward.

Hope this helps,

Jerry

On the same topic, if there are any current/past developers out there,
where either of the above commands, i.e. installgrub or installboot,
used on the PPC, MIPS, ARM or mainframe Solaris ports?  Or was something
completely different used?