[rescue] Miss my Sun CRTs...

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 18:09:30 CST 2012

> LCDs are cool and all, my desk doesn't sag in the middle, but I kind of
> miss the old Sun CRTs I used for a long time. Does anybody in the Bay Area
> have one or two they wouldn't mind parting with? I had to give mine away
> when I moved cross-country and couldn't afford to bring 300 lbs of
> monitors. Below: old faithful at 1600x1200

You might contact the Computer Recycling Center down there,
http://www.crc.org . If they're anything like FreeGeek up here in
Portland they've got a stack of them sitting around that were donated to
them. I'm not sure if they will sell hardware directly, but they might
be able to point you to a local resource.

--
Rick Hamell

Linkedin Profile - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/6/946/27
Technology Blog - http://www.1nova.com/blog