[rescue] Down on a holiday weekend and can't get V100's to boot: IDE bus issues?

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Sun May 27 14:10:43 CDT 2012

I think I've got it.  The (partial) output of probe-ide is:

	Device 2  ( Secondary Master )
	Removable ATAPI Model: CD-224E

while the (partial) output of devalias is:

	cdrom                    /pci at 1f,0/ide at d/cdrom at 3,0:f

In other words, if I'm reading this correctly, probe-ide is saying
that the CDROM is device 2, but devalias thinks it's device 3.  Therefore:

	boot /pci at 1f,0/ide at d/cdrom at 2,0:f

should work.  And so far, it seems to.  (I'll nvalias it shortly to
avoid the repetitive typing.)  I'll squawk again if for some reason
it doesn't...but THANKS everybody, I think I just might have it.

---rsk