[rescue] IBM 9111-285 Won't Power Up Anymore

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Mon Mar 5 09:03:56 CST 2012

> Any thoughts, help, direction, ANYTHING at this point, I'm totally lost!

I had similar but not same trouble with H50. The code told me to replace
either power supply or mainboard. Replacing power supply with anther, or
running 2 power supplies at once did not cure things. When I opened the
box to try it without different parts unplugged, it always worked
without any problems, even when I put in al the components. This gave
hope and I gave a deep thought about what the error code suggested  -and
found it. It was broken insulation on the PSU->mainboard cable - when
case is closet, it short ciruits aganst the top.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)