[rescue] 73GB fibre FC 15k ST373454FC free to good home Colorado Springs

marty scholes martyscholes at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 08:33:57 CDT 2012

I just posted an ad in Craigslist and realized the rescue list would be a
better place.  These are free to a good home.  I am not looking forward to
shipping, but probably will if I can find a good home for these.  Mail
martyscholes at yahoo.com if you have any interest.

I bought a bunch of these a
few years ago and never used them all.  I
have 10, maybe 20 left.  Cleaning
out the basement and these gotta go.
Some have been formatted to 512bps and
some are still at the original
520bps.  These were originally installed in
StorageTek arrays.

Very, very fast disks.  Below is a sample output from
smartctl.  Most of these have less than 5,000
hours of use.

SMARTCTL OUTPUT
smartctl 5.39.1 2010-01-28 r3054 [i386-pc-solaris2.11] (local build)
Copyright
(C) 2002-10 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/

Device:
SEAGATE  ST373454FC       Version: 4705
Serial number: 3KP1D1NE00007609DWZE
Device type: disk
Transport protocol: Fibre channel (FCP-2)
Local Time is: Fri
Apr 23 17:01:49 2010 MDT
Device supports SMART and is Enabled
Temperature
Warning Enabled
SMART Health Status: OK

Current Drive Temperature:     40 C
Drive Trip Temperature:        68 C
Elements in grown defect list: 0
Vendor
(Seagate) cache information
Blocks sent to initiator = 15377572
Blocks
received from initiator = 296527116
Blocks read from cache and sent to
initiator = 73452
Number of read and write commands whose size <= segment size
= 890444
Number of read and write commands whose size > segment size = 23
Vendor (Seagate/Hitachi) factory information
number of hours powered up =
178.35
number of minutes until next internal SMART test = 114

Error counter
log:
Errors Corrected by           Total   Correction     Gigabytes    Total
ECC          rereads/    errors   algorithm      processed    uncorrected
fast
| delayed   rewrites  corrected  invocations   [10^9 bytes]  errors
read:      42201        0         0
42201      42201          7.975           0
write:         0        0
0         0          0        165.522           0
verify:
233440        0         0    233440     233440        111.721           0
Non-medium error count:        0

[GLTSD (Global Logging Target Save Disable)
set. Enable Save with '-S on']
No self-tests have been logged
Long (extended)
Self Test duration: 1150 seconds [19.2 minutes]