[rescue] Sun UPA (Creator3d/Elite3d) framebuffer wanted

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Jun 1 14:36:11 CDT 2012

On Mon, 28 May 2012 12:56:03 -0400 (EDT)
Scott Quinn <saquinn624 at aol.com> wrote:

> Went to put my Creator3d in the Ultra-2 2300, messed up, and broke off a
> needed pin (grr).
Once uppon a time I had a similar problem with a Ultra 5 CPU module.
I was able to replace the broken pin. Heat its soldering joint with a
soldering iron until it is hot enough to melt through the plastics of
the connector. Press it with the soldering iron until it has moved
forward as far as possible. Now you can grip it from the other side
with tweezers. Pull it out. It will melt a hole in the connector, so
you can put in an other pin. You can desolder the replacement pin from
a broken UPA card, or a GND pin from the same card.
--

\end{Jochen}

\ref{http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/}