[rescue] Need somethings for an old Dell Laptop

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 10:15:02 CDT 2012

Wow, lots of info.

I like the sound of the CPU upgrades. Not sure how much a 2.4 ghz
P4-m/400mhz bus goes for, but from 1.8 that may be enough of a boost
to be worth a little money. Almost like dropping a Weitek into an IPX
;)

I've tacked down the PATA case for the media bay on Amazon as well as
that main battery that was mentioned - I like that price much more
than what Batteries+ quoted me! Amazon also has the CMOS battery nice
and cheap.

I'll still need to track down some more ram though. Isn't it sad that
a web browser can cause thrashing in 256mb? Hopefully I can find the
right SODIMMs eventually to go to 2 gb. With enough RAM & diisk this
can still be a very usable netbook for several years.

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 9:59 AM,  <rescue-request at sunhelp.org> wrote:
(snip)
> End of rescue Digest, Vol 116, Issue 1

Thanks again,

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.