[rescue] Need somethings for an old Dell Laptop

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 14:27:31 CDT 2012

I recently bought a replacement battery for an old Inspiron laptop on eBay for
about $30 - it looks like you could do the same:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=330687437474&index=9&nav=SEARC
H&nid=22805531085

I am very happy with my battery - it was brand-new, not a 'refurb' or a
're-pack'.

I'd encourage you to consider such an investment - if the laptop is otherwise
serviceable, it could make a lot of sense.

Backup battery? Do you mean the Time of Day/CMOS battery or a battery in the
media bay?

Do you need an optical drive?

Lionel