[rescue] "bloated pig X11" (was: OpenLook/Openwin WAS: CDE)

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Thu Aug 9 11:06:26 CDT 2012

In article <5A325867-9781-434E-95D6-FEFF742555BA at gmail.com>,
    Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com> writes:

> I suspect a good portion of the 'bloatedness' of X11 came from the committee
> that designed it.

Please be specific about what you consider to be "bloat" and propose
an alternative that has the same functionality without the "bloat".

If you're just going to equate "bloat" with "feature I don't use",
then again I would say that you haven't actually tried to make a
general purpose graphics library that is suitable to a wide audience.
     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>