[rescue] "bloated pig X11"

David Griffith dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu
Wed Aug 8 21:27:40 CDT 2012

On Wed, 8 Aug 2012, Toby Thain wrote:

> I'm surprised you of all people didn't mention the OpenWindows/X11-NeWS
> merge at this point.

You just reminded me of something.  With the current talk about replacing
X11 with something better, I was wondering why there doesn't seem to be
talk about reintroducing something similar to NeWS / Display Postscript.
Wayland is interesting, but as far as I'm concerned, it's a non-starter as
long as they keep network transparency out of the spec.

--
David Griffith
dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu