[rescue] Looking for a Quad G5

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Mon Sep 12 11:58:11 CDT 2011

POWER5 is two generations old at this point.  Under $1k for a p520 off
of ebay, at least $1k is more that I've been able to make selling them
on eBay.

If you want a loud server-class machine, spend maybe $500 on an old IBM
bladecenter E with a switch module, and about $4k will get you a brand
new POWER-6 blade...
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/bladecenter/hardware/servers/js12/browse_aix.html

Pat