[rescue] Looking for a Quad G5

Mr Ian Primus ian_primus at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 10:16:48 CDT 2011

Well, I've managed to get a bit backed into the corner with computer problems, even my trusty dual G4 Mac is failing me. Random crashes, and odd lockups... I think after all these years the motherboard is starting to act up on me.

So, I'm looking to upgrade. As a hardware geek, the PowerPC architecture is something I really like, so I'm going after the biggest baddest PowerPC Mac. The Quad G5.

So, does anyone have a Quad G5 in good condition they'd be willing to sell? I'm a bit leery buying one from one of the random online resellers, especially because of the liquid cooling system on these critters. I'd feel a lot more comfortable buying from a fellow hardware geek.

(And yes, I realize that Apple has moved away from Intel and that the PowerPC is a dead platform with zero software future. It doesn't stop me from enjoying it.)

-Ian