[rescue] T1000 power supply repair?

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Thu Oct 13 13:52:15 CDT 2011

I acquired a used Sun T1000 back in January.  The power supply died on me after a
 couple months of use and I am looking for a place I can get this repaired.

If this was just a wintel box, I would jump on to Amazon and just pick up something new.

This is my personal system, and is not under any warranty from Oracle.

I have looked online (i.e. ebay, online sales, etc) and prices for replacement power
supplies for this unit are roughly 2/3 the price of a whole used system.  I have no
idea why replacements are so expensive.

TIA for any repair suggestions.

Jerry