[rescue] Axil 311 (SS10) hard drive compatibility

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Sat Oct 8 21:53:04 CDT 2011

> There is one potential SCSI limit that the OP should investigate.  On
> recent SCSI standards (newer than U160, if I recall correctly), 8-bit
> transfer capability is no longer required.

Oh, ugh.  Thanks for warning me.

Unless they fix that, I see it as the beginning of the end for SCSI.
They came to their senses after breaking backward compatability with
HVD; I hope they do here too.  One of SCSI's major wins has been pretty
near complete backward compatability....

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org