[rescue] Anyone have a cheap wireless bridge?

Mike F lists at ibrew.net
Wed Oct 5 11:56:50 CDT 2011

I'm doing exactly this, for the same reason. I picked up a WRT54G from a local
recycler, put dd-wrt on it, and instant 5-port switch bridged onto the rest of
the network.

The only problem I have is that, even though it is explicitly set up as a
client bridge, It still broadcasts an SSID and will happily let wifi clients
join with no encryption :-/

I'm sure there is a way to disable this behavior, but I haven't looked into it
deeply enough yet.

-Mike