[rescue] Need to find Y splitter cable

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Sun Oct 2 11:17:21 CDT 2011

>> If you remember, Sun used the missing pins to provide a second
>> serial port, through one connector.

> As I recall, the RS-232 standard supported two serial connections
> through one DB-25 connector - it wasn't a Sun 'innovation' it was an
> underutilized 'feature' of the standard, IIRC.

Yes.  I was impressed when I compared Sun's pinout with the spec and
discovered they'd used the standard-specified secondary pins for serial
port B.

I give Sun credit for, if nothing else, bothering to actually read the
standard, which far too many people supposedly implementing standards
apparently don't do.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org