[rescue] Hardware up FT/FS

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Wed May 18 14:33:23 CDT 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Robert Darlington
<rdarlington at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Fred,
>
> My recommendation is throwing out the P3.  It's not worth $200 unless by
> chance somebody wants it for the gold content, assuming there are gold
> circuit boards.

I'd agree on this... I picked up a dual dual-core Opteron server with
hotswap SAS and dual gigE for $150+tax last month... good starting
point for virtualization. Even with ground shipping it would come in
under $200.

I would advocate recycling the server, not just popping it in the
dumpster, of course.

Rob