[rescue] Hardware up FT/FS

Fred FRED at MISER.MISERNET.NET
Wed May 18 07:32:28 CDT 2011

Good morning ...

I have built a new server more capable of virtualization, so the old reliable
HP Netserver LH 3000 needs to go.  It's a Pentium III/933Mhz with both
processors installed, 4GB of ECC RAM, 6 36GB hot swap hard drives (plus a
spare which makes a total of 7), a 4 port USB card, and a D-Link
Wireless-G card installed.  This server has ran Slackware Linux for a few
years.

I'm asking $200 or willing to trade for SGI gear in working order, that's
about the only thing I've not played with.  It would help if the gear in
question that you'd like to trade does NOT sound like a jet engine while
running, which is one of the reasons this HP beastie was relegated to the
laundry room. ;)  Pickup or I'd be willing to do a short drive somewhere near
44870 as this thing is heavy.  Not as heavy as the Alpha I ended up having
to scrap, but heavy!  I really, really do not want to haul this one off to
the scrapper.  This thing will pretty much do anything you need, except
really fast virtualization.  I ran VirtualBox on it for awhile with a copy of
Windows XP and while it worked, probably only 1 VM is tolerable to be run
at a time. :)

Cheers,

Fred