[rescue] Full rack of UltraSparc2 vintage gear

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Thu Mar 31 15:49:10 CDT 2011

On 03/31/11 15:35, Adam Kropelin wrote:
> I won't bother the list with this one again but want to ping one more
> time before I consent to scrapping the gear. Pickup in Rochester, NY
> area. Lots of nice working stuff here, even the rack itself is
> gorgeous (although huge).

Sun enterprise racks are indeed awesomely excellent.  I have nowhere to
put'em all though...

That tape robot looks like a Sun-rebadged Overland unit.  Had two of
those things at CEVA DSP.  Damned things were always breaking down.  I
think we installed something like five replacement drives and one
complete replacement library.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.