[rescue] Don't buy from ebay seller carp-o-matic

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Tue Mar 29 01:25:15 CDT 2011

On Monday, March 28, 2011, Richard wrote:
> In article <4D8D1DFF.5090000 at metrocast.net>,
>
>     Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net> writes:
> > On 03/25/11 18:27, Richard wrote:
> > > <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com/2011/03/25/dont-buy-from-
> > > ebay-selle
>
> r-carp-o-matic/>
>
> > I would be filing an eBay dispute.  "Item was not in condition
> > described in auction when received, seller refused to make good."
>
> Ebay keeps changing their feedback system and has made it nearly
> impossible to file a complaint.

If you paid using paypal, start there.

If they deny your claim, and you used a credit card, you can always
dispute the charges with your CC.

I had to do this on a somewhat larger item that the seller was bulling
me into completing the transaction despite it being obvious that it
wasn't in the condition they had represented (and they were still in
possession).  I made the mistake of telling them that it was un-sellable
in the condition it was in.

FWIW, it was an IBM z900 with the SE laptops removing, that the seller
said was in "excellent condition" and "checked over by an IBM tech". I'm
sure it was...

Pat