[rescue] Only 30gb of 80gb showing up?

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 14:54:56 CDT 2011

In the continuing saga of my attempts at reviving my Macbook I picked
up the firewire case and put an old 80gb deathstar in it. It was last
used in a Ultra 5 that never would run right due to memory errors. Now
only 30gb of the 80gb is showing up in 10.5.6 drive utilities. Enough
to get the machine running and hopefully recover some files from the
old disk, but I am curious as to why this is the case. Is there
something in the partition map from the attempted NetBSD/Solaris
installs that MacOS isn't liking? Something wrong with the drive?

Thanks for  any thoughts,

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.