[rescue] 3Gx ram...

Gaz God gaz.god at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 16:17:28 CDT 2011

I got 128Mb of ram in my 3GX by buying a dead TX from Ebay, the ram went
straight into my GX and worked a treat.

If I remember correctly the 64Mb simms for the GX and TX were specials made
by Tadpole and the hardware saw them as a pair of 32's.

>From the Sparcbook FAQ :-

*Type: generic 64MB parity SIMMs

   The MicroSPARC processor in the Sun5 (and the SPARCBook) supports
   multiple 32 MB SIMMs. Larger SIMMs than the 32 MB are not supported by
   the processor. Since the SPARCbook only have two SIMMslots (instead of
   8) only 64 MB is supported.*

Gaz