[rescue] suggestions on the ultimate Mac OS 9 system?

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Mar 16 15:48:41 CDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 03:31:40PM -0500, Jerry Kemp wrote:
>With the up coming release of Mac OS X 10.7/Lion this summer, and yet
>the loss of another major feature, i.e. the ability to run OS X PPC
>code, has got me to thinking about looking for a long term Mac OS 9 system.

Depending upon what you want, you can run MacOS up to 9.0.4 on Intel
systems using SheepShaver. Just about everything works, but some of the
specialty graphics don't.

Performance is the usual for an emulator, you get about 200mHz of emulated
PPC speed for each gHz of Intel speed. SheepShaver will multithread, so if you
have a multicore system, it will run faster.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.