[rescue] SPARCBook 3gx

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Mar 15 23:56:21 CDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 11:20:05PM -0500, Justin Haynes wrote:
>My SPARCBook 3gx is fully functional, but i am having difficulty maxing out
>the RAM.
>
>the 2x32MB of ram I have works just fine, but the 2x64MB of ram I ordered is
>not working fine at all. I'm wondering if any of you can offer any tips or
>explain the behavior I'm seeing.

The factory versions used different motherboards.

The 32m RAM version  (64m total max) used 5 volt memory.

The 64m RAM version (128m total max) used 3.3 volt memory.

I don't know (and I expect this is the question you really have) can
you get a 32m version to use 64m RAM, and if so what?

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.