[rescue] External Drive on a Mac Book Chassis

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 16:50:03 CDT 2011

Well, it seems this time my Macbook has taken one too many hits on the
hard drive. The drive that was in it died and new ones are not
recognized by the system. I'm thinking of simply living with the fact
that its a portable system rather than a lap top and hanging a new big
drive in an external case. Would the USB 2 bus be fast enough as a
system/data disk on this system or am I just kidding myself?

It's a 2 ghz core2duo macbook with 3gb of ram.

Thanks  for thoughts, tips & suggestions,

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.