[rescue] Dead VME 3B2 on ebay

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Tue Mar 15 11:08:37 CDT 2011

>From your eBay auction:

I believe these floppy drives originally came with this system, and that
the board is a scsi->floppy interface. One of the cables needs to be
replaced, but it's a standard cable.

On the 3b2 systems that I supported, which include 600G and 600GR
systems, the floppy drive was supported by a separate controller.

Are you stating/suggesting that on some 3B2 systems, this was not the
case and that the floppy was controlled via the SCSI controller, in a
round about way?

I don't mean for this to come off as sounding like I doubt the above
statement.  Due to only working with the (2) models I administered, I
really don't know.  Thanks for any replies or comments.

Its amazing I continue to pick up 3B2 tricks and hints off of this list.
 I haven't actually done any official 3B2 administration since 1996.

Jerry