[rescue] Full rack of UltraSparc2 vintage gear

Adam Kropelin akropel1 at rochester.rr.com
Mon Mar 7 15:03:48 CST 2011

So I hit the send button too early. There's more than just a couple E220Rs!

Let me try again:

E220R
440 MHz, single CPU
4-port 10/100 NIC
Video card
Redundant PSUs

E220R
440 MHz, dual CPU
4-port 10/100 NIC
Dual-port differential SCSI card
Redundant PSUs

A1000 array
Includes at least 4x18 GB drives...maybe more (see below)
Redundant PSUs

L20 DLT robotic autoloader
Nearly zero hours on this and I have a big box of brand new tapes &
cleaning cartridges that go with it

2x Netra T1
As I recall, one is DOA, so treat this as one unit plus spares
Both include 4 port 10/100 NIC

1x 36U Sun server cabinet/rack
This thing is a monster. Includes dual power distro w/ remote (30A
twist lock x 2). Many blank panels and misc bling. On wheels but bring
a helper to move it!

Details:
I obtained this equipment from a former employer many years ago with
the intention of playing with it a bit. I played some, but haven't
used it in quite some time so it's time to let go.

I have a pile of 8 & 16 GB drives, enough so that each server can have
at least one, possibly more. I'll distribute the drives around the
units in some semblance of sanity. Everything above has its rack mount
hw and is intended to live in this rack.

CPU speed numbers are from memory and may be wrong. If it's super
important to you I'll try to figure them out again.

Make an offer on one or all!

--Adam