[rescue] iMac G3 333MHz questions

Weiss Andrew rumbeard at mac.com
Wed Mar 2 09:10:16 CST 2011

On 02/03/2011, at 2:45 AM, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> " From: Jonathan Patschke <jp at celestrion.net>
> "
> " You want PC66 SDRAM.
>
> afaik pc100 and *low*density* pc133 are backward-compatible.

I believe the only G3 era machines to use PC66 were the beige desktop,
mini-tower, and AIO.  The iMac is functionally equivalent to a hybrid
blue and white and a powerbook and that's the Bondi model which is way
older than the 333 generation machines.  It has been a while since I
was an ACDT/ACPT tech who serviced probably 100's of the things.

Andrew