[rescue] iMac G3 333MHz questions

Hatle, Steven J shatle at nfldinet.com
Tue Mar 1 07:55:31 CST 2011

> On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 12:50:51AM -0700, Dan Duncan wrote:
>> I just picked up an iMac G3 333MHz.  (I'm not a Mac guy since my
>> precious SE/30 died but I've always wanted one, and it was $15 at a
>> church thrift store)

Along with the good advice about memory, be aware that the G3 iMacs needed
the latest firmware upgrade to be able to reliably run OS X, else you'll get
no video or distorted video.

You can download the firmware update from Apple, but you have to install it
from a booted OS 9 partition on the hard drive. So before you do the OS X
install, do the firmware upgrade first.

Steve